Thursday 28 June 2018

An Author At Last!



It's here! After three years of writing, editing, rewriting, polishing, and rewriting again, my first YA book is out. It's been a tremendous journey and a steep learning curve, but the thrill of holding my very own published work in my hands is totally worth it.

Daughter of Kali: Awakening is the first of a trilogy in the urban fantasy genre. It tells the story of Kaz, a fifteen year old Asian girl who is drawn into a secret world of myth and magic, demons and gods. 

Here's some blurb from the back: Kaz discovers she's part of a long legacy of Warriors dating all the way back to the Hindu goddess Kali. But where does she fit into this ancient battle? What does Kali want from her? And can she control her own awakening powers before it’s too late?


My publishers are Peach Publishing, who aren't your traditional publishers. They don't insist on an 18 month lead time before publication, because the book is available in ebook and print-on-demand format. It means from the moment I signed the contract to the moment the book became available for sale was a mere six weeks.

I won't make my fortune and I won't sell millions - J.K. Rowling has nothing to fear from me. But the joy of finally having my story published, to be read and (I hope) enjoyed by 13-15 year olds, is just amazing. 

It's available on Amazon in both kindle and paperback formats.
UK readers click here: Amazon UK and US readers click here: Amazon US

I would love you to read it and review it! And now I want to turn my attention to my next one. Hopefully, it won't take quite so long..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment